Emote Media ProductionsCreate a custom web-based video and show the world what you're all about! With free networking platforms like Facebook, Youtube and Twitter, video has become a staple part of social networking. Todays consumers are thirsty for more than just a stagnant web page, so tell them your story through a customized web-based video advertisement, commercial or music video. Click here for examples of recent Emote Media Productions web videos: http://www.youtube.com/emotewebvideos
Contact: Gregory Douglass
gregory [AT] gregorydouglass [DOT COM]
Web Video Tip Sheet
I have a shiny new web video, so now what?
• Understand that web video distribution is essentially free advertising so get the most milage out of it that you can.
• With free networking platforms like facebook, youtube and twitter, sharing your web video has the potential to reach a multitude of new prospective consumers.
• Todays consumers are thirsty for more than just a stagnant web page, so you are telling them your story through your web video.
You essentially have two options for web video platforms:
1. Permanent placement (Your website)
• Advantages: complete control of file formats, delivery, player and monetizations
• Disadvantages: need resources for storage, delivery, integration, videos are non-sharable.
2. Sharable social media profiles (Youtube, Vimeo)
• Advantages: videos are sharable and embeddable anywhere (including your website), free low fee-based, include hosting, encoding, customizable & embeddable video players, metrics for tracking analytics.
• Disadvantages: don’t have complete control of file formats, delivery, player and monetizations
What’s the purpose for my web video? Tailor your promotional tactics accordingly.
• Sales & Marketing?
• Customer Service, Instructional?
• HR, Training?
Social Video Platforms: inexpensive, easy to use, socially driven for “viral” potential
• Youtube: free, most popular, largest audience
• Vimeo: inexpensive, also very popular
• Blip.tv: cheap, ad support, syndication, iTunes support
• Viddler: syndication, in-video commenting, caters towards business use
• House all of your web videos on a social media platform (youtube for example) and share or embed them everywhere else. You will be better able to track total views and analytics (such as detailed demographics, etc.)
• Embed your youtube-based video on your website as an alternative to placing it there permanently so all roads will lead to the same video for better tracking total views and analytics.
• Share a link to your youtube-based video on your social networking profiles (facebook, twitter) so all roads will lead to the same video for better tracking total views and analytics.
• Enable social interactivity on your social media profiles, people like to share videos, comment on videos, rate videos and bookmark them which will all add to the exposure of your video.
• Always use appropriate and relevant “tags” keywords to help potential viewers find or “discover” your videos more easily in their search. Tags help search engine optimization (SEO).
• Choose compelling thumbnails or “placeholder” stills for video that are eye-catching and high quality for added incentive to potential viewers.
• Take a little extra time to explore your social media profile account “settings” and see what is available for you to use. You’ll find that there are many tools available to help easily customize your videos and share them with the world.
• Where else can you post your video? Think of other online “niche” platforms you might be able to utilize, such as travel sites like tripadvisor.com if you’re promoting your business as a destination. If you’re a musician, consider platforms like sonicbids.com EPK profiles or use your video as a submission tool to various contests, festivals or showcases.